What are your rights
You have the following rights:
• To be informed about how we use your personal data
• To update your personal data
• To change your mind, and ask us to stop using your information
• To ask us to delete your personal data. However, there may be circumstances where we are legally entitled or required to retain it
• To get a copy of your personal data. A subset of your data (limited to data that you have provided to us)
• To object to the processing of your data and have it restricted. There may be circumstances where you ask us to restrict the processing of your information, but we are legally entitled to refuse that request
• To make a complaint to the Information Commissioner (ico.org.uk) if you think that any of your rights have been infringed by us
Sharing your information
We promise to keep your details safe and will never sell you data on to any third party including your name, address or email address.
However, we share your data with the following categories of companies as an essential part of being able to provide our services to you, as set out in this statement:
– Professional service providers, such as marketing agencies, advertising partners and website hosts who help us run our websites.
– Credit reference agencies, law enforcement and fraud prevention agencies, so we can help tackle fraud.
– Companies approved by you, such as social media sites
– We may provide third parties with aggregated but anonymised information and analytics about our customers that does not identify you.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways: We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen. You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you before collecting your data if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking relevant boxes on the forms we use to collect your data or on account creation. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect. Once we’ve received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
If you have given us consent, we’ll send you marketing messages by email with interesting emails about our latest news, products, exclusive offers and events.
Customers who consent to receiving marketing emails will always have the option to unsubscribe at any point via a link at the bottom of every email they receive.
Access to Information
You have the right to access the information held about you by us. If you would like to request a copy for yourself, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, we will do our very best to get back to you as soon as possible and within one month from your original contact.
How long will we use your information for?
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. Details of retention periods for different aspects of your personal information are available in the retention policy. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
The kind of information we hold about you
We may collect the following information:
– First name
– Date of Birth
– Email address
– Contact number
– Postal address
– Bank account details (For membership purposes)
We may also hold further personal information of a medical nature if it is appropriate to do so.
How we collect information
The primary source of your information is when you sign up for membership at The Hertfordshire Golf & Country Club. We can obtain information about you in a number of ways, for example when you contact us via email and register to receive emails from us.
What we do with the information we gather
We will only use your personal information when the law allows us to. We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service. Most commonly, we will use your personal information in the following circumstances:
1. Where we need to perform the contract we have entered into with you.
2. Where we need to comply with a legal obligation.
3. Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.